Tour price: Adult: €45.00, Student / Senior: €40.00
Inishmore (Inis Mor) at 8 miles (13km) long and 2 miles (3Km) is the largest of the three Aran Islands. Ferries arrive at Kilronan, its main village, where passengers are met by minibuses and jaunting carts.
The island’s main sight is Dun Aengus, a stone fort dating from the Iron or Bronze Age, is one of Europe’s most important prehistoric sites. It covers 11 acres and is protected by three concentric stone battlements and sharp-pointed rock stakes designed to injure unsuspecting enemies. The views from the inner rampart are spectacular.
Tour duration: 7.5 hours
- Return guided coach transfer, Galway to Rossaveal
- Return ferry transfer, Rossaveal to Inishmore
- 9:00 am - Depart Merchants Road, Galway, outside the Kinlay Hostel
- 10:30 am - Ferry departs Rossaveal
- 11:45 am - Arrive Inishmore
- 5:00 pm - Ferry departs Inishmore
- 6:00 pm - Coach departs Rossaveal
- 7:00 pm - Arrive Merchants Road, Galway